It is very difficult to get DVI signals to go long distance. Over the years we have found the best way is to use an equalized HDMI cable with 2 adapters on each end. It works up to 1920x1080!
HDMI was developed to be backward compatible with DVI so all HDMI cables can carry DVI signals. Hundreds of millions of HDMI cables are sold each year, many many times that of DVI. That is why it is much more cost effective to use an HDMI cable and adapters.
If you need to send DVI 80 feet, save yourself a lot of headaches trying to use a simple cable and use this solution.
- This product is actually 3 items: 1 80 ft Equalized HDMI cable and 2 HDMI to DVI Adaters
- Plug each end of the cable into an adapter thereby changing its connectors into DVI then plug into each of your devices
- This is the absolute best way to send DVI long distances
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1080
- In-wall rated cable, CL3 designation
- Bandwidth: 1.65 Gbps
- 28 AWG oxygen free copper twisted pair wires for consistent data transmission
- Triple shielded - dual tinned copper braids and aluminum mylar foil protects the entire cable
- Each data pair is also foil shielded to eliminate EF/RF interference
- Gold plated connector conductors and shell for maximum conductivity and corrosion resistence
- Flame retardant PVC jacket
- Nitrogen filled dielectric to reduce capacitance
- HDCP Compliant - ROHS compliant - UL Listed